Research tips for increasing security when playing online games.
Phishing is very popular in emails, so never click links directly. If you’re asked to log in by a company, always type in the website’s URL by hand. For complex links, use link checker tools to see if they’re safe before you visit them.
Did you find other threats and security tips in addition to the ones mentioned in this module?
Always have some kind of free antivirus program installed and be sure to avoid malware downloads. Also, scan your system every so often to ensure that nobody is recording your keystrokes.
Have you ever downloaded updates to a game?
Yes, I have downloaded updates to a game
If so, how did you ensure the updates were safe?
I had an anti-malware software program running, so it scanned anything I downloaded or updated. I run scans often to ensure that my computer is safe.
Locate a list of games that are known to cause malware infections.
Single Player Games
§ Call of Duty
§ Star Craft 2
§ Diablo
§ Fallout 3
§ Minecraft
§ Half-Life 2
§ Dragon Age: Origins
§ The Elder Scrolls and specifically Skyrim related files
§ Star Wars: The Knights Of The Old Republic
§ WarCraft 3
§ F.E.A.R
§ Saint Rows 2
§ Metro 2033
§ Assassin’s Creed
§ S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
§ Resident Evil 4
§ Bioshock 2
Online Games
§ World of Warcraft
§ Day Z
§ League of Legends
§ World of Tanks
§ Metin2
References
No comments:
Post a Comment